Today I had the sentinel node biopsy and lumpectomy. Check!
Four of the sentinel lymph nodes were removed and were sent to be tested. The doctor said that they looked good, but we are waiting until the results come back within a week before doing a little happy dance. In this test they remove no more than 5 nodes. I was a little surprised that she took 4, but from what I've learned this fairly new kind of node biopsy is a great improvement on what was done in the past. Apparently, many more nodes used to be removed, even if they weren't sure of the amount of involvement, and that caused bad effects later.
The lumpectomy was done after the sentinel node biopsy in which she took out another section all the way around the previous excision site with the goal of getting those margins clear. CLEAR MARGINS is what we want to hear!
Ed was a trooper and sat and sat and sat with me during all the hours that he could be with me. At the same time he learned alot about the business of gaming in Forbes Magazine and how Rock Band is "rockin" the world.
I'm home and just enjoyed a delicious meal brought by a friend and am getting ready to crash for the night. I'm still a little groggy but hope I'm making sense here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Glad the surgery went well. Hope the report comes back worthy of a happy dance! Also glad Anne Lamott has been a good companion along the way. I think she is profound and hysterically funny at the same time. Take care!
Great news Bonnie--I know you're glad this surgery is over and you are home! You should do a happy dance for that alone!! Olivia had her whole 4th grade class sending positive vibes your way today between 1p-2:30. Love Sally
I love this blog thing Bonnie! I am sure it keeps your phone from ringing off the hook. We thought about you all day yesterday and are so happy to hear that you are positive! Great stuff!!
Love Elisabeth
So glad to read "positives" in your blog Bonnie! I can't even imagine the emotions you have been facing. Kudos to your husband too. Sometimes the "support" people don't get the credit they deserve. Know that we will continue to check in and send positive vibes and prayers. Wishing you a quick recovery!!
Anne Henderson Yonke
Glad the surgery is behind you. Also glad to hear friends are bringing food! When people want to do something for you, let them. It makes everyone feel a little better...
Just checking in and sending you good vibes and love!
Sounds like everything went well...can't wait to hear the clear margins and clean lymph nodes for certain! Thinking of you!!
heather
Post a Comment